There have been a few changes to the format for auditions for district and state jazz bands. The audition information is available here at the MOAJE website:
The clinicians have been selected, and they’re both great!
The audition process will look like this:
- Winds will play the head & one chorus of solo on both The Preacher & Kenny’ll Make It. Rhythm section instruments will play the melody first time, comp or walk second time, and improvise third time.
- Winds will play the etudes with mp3 accompaniment. NO SOLOS. Rhythm section instruments should be prepared to perform with MP3 accompaniment with their track muted on the recording.
- Drums should be able to demonstrate a variety of styles, including Samba, Bossa, Waltz, and Funk.
Here’s the schedule:
- Saturday, November 3 – Auditions at Staley HS
- Wednesday, November 28 – Sectionals & rehearsal at Lincoln Prep (To be run by us district directors. Similar to the band’s first rehearsal, but with sectionals.)
- Friday, December 7 – Rehearsal with clinician
- Saturday, December 8 – Morning rehearsal with clinician. Possible afternoon sectionals, rehearsal, or clinics with the clinicians. Park Hill South HS
- Saturday, December 8 – Concert at Park Hill South HS.