Please use this form to take care of switching games with members of the other band. If it is not in this form, it is not official.
On Saturday, the following students auditioned for a spot in the Kansas City Metro District #3 Honor Bands. The following students were selected, please congratulate them as you see them!
Click on this link:
Please complete this form by Wednesday, Oct 18 and send money to school or bring it to parent/teacher conferences and drop it by.
Also, please read the fine print in the form 🙂
A reminder that these are posted in ALPHABETICAL ORDER. Chair placement will take place in late October/early November.
These placements will be fluid, meaning some members of each group may be asked to switch groups based on performance and continued improvement.
The results of this audition are based completely on the 5-minute audition you had last Wednesday.
We had a tie in the Bari Sax section, so I will need to re-audition those two students.
If you took an audition and your name is not listed here, we are having you stay in your currently assigned ensemble.
Congrats to all!
At long last, our final BUSY week has arrived. Get your motor runnin’, here we go:
Good morning folks as we head into our final two busy weeks! Get ready.
- Tentative schedule for Oct 14 competition is 10am departure from school and 10:30pm arrival back at LSW.
- We most likely will have a home playoff game on Friday, Oct 21, and, if we win, it is likely we will have one on Friday, Oct 28 as well.
- The Band Banquet is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct 24 beginning at 6:30pm. This is a celebratory event intended for students and families. Students’ dinners have already been paid for. An RSVP for for families’ dinners will be included in next Friday’s email.
- All boys have received their tuxedo at this point, please ask them about it if you haven’t seen it. It is entirely possible they have thrown it in the trunk of their car or stuffed it in their band locker.
- All girls have received their concert dress and will need to have it altered for factory cuts and such.
Click link below to see a copy of the itinerary for our competition this Saturday, September 23rd!
Tuesday, 8/29 – Evening Rehearsal 6:30-8:30pm
Thursday, 8/31 – Evening Rehearsal 6:30-8:30pm
Items of Information
- If you haven’t joined the "Remind" group for band, please text "@lswband17" to the number 81010
- Ice Cream Social tickets will be given to the students at one point next week. Each student is expected to sell 10 tickets. All attendees, including the students themselves, need a ticket to eat dinner and another ticket to eat ice cream. This is our biggest booster club fundraiser of the year.
- For future reference, due to the Ice Cream Social taking away a rehearsal night, we will be lengthening the Sept 14th rehearsal, which will now be 6pm to 9pm.