We are looking forward to the Ice Cream Social tomorrow evening! The kids have been working really hard and are excited to share with you what we have been working on this school year.
All Choir members should be in the LSW courtyard no later than 6:25. The choral performances will begin at 6:30 p.m. and will happen in the following order:
Attire for the ice cream social is: Jeans and Titan Gear (LSW t-shirts, jerseys, etc).
Looking forward to a great evening of music and camaraderie tomorrow night! See you then!
Amy Krinke and Jacob Lowry
This is a reminder that the Cup fundraiser is due tomorrow. Please make sure the order form and money is put in an envelope and labeled with STUDENTS NAME AND CUP FUNDRAISER.
Put it in the lock boxes in either the choir or Band/orchestra room.
We will also have a table at Ice Cream Social if any one else wants to order.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Thank you, Andrea Kaiser
Well, one busy week down and another one coming!
Here is the schedule for next week:
Monday, September 19th
Spirit Cups Fundraiser orders due along with money. They will be turned in during class. We will be placing one large order so we cannot accept orders past Tuesday!
Tuesday, September 20th
Ice Cream Social
All unsold tickets and money for sold tickets must be turned into the teacher BEFORE Tuesday.
Band students will be wearing the same thing they did for the parade. Wild Wild West shirt and khaki shorts 🙂
IF they are also in choir, they will have time to change shirts if necessary.
Call time for band members is 6:40pm in the band room. We will perform at approximately 7pm.
ALL performers and audience members who plan to eat dinner or dessert must have a ticket. If you are not planning to eat, you do NOT need a ticket.
Thursday, September 22nd
As mentioned in previous emails, this rehearsal will go from 6pm to 9pm in lieu of us missing a rehearsal on Tuesday night. This will be a VERY important rehearsal as we go to our first competition on Saturday. Students, again, will wear their Wild Wild West shirt for rehearsal along with black marching shoes as we will wear a portion of our uniform that evening for part of the rehearsal.
Friday, September 23rd
Home Football Game
Call times normal for all.
AFTER the game, we will load trailers with all instruments and uniforms as we will be leaving early in the morning. Students will be expected to help with this process.
Saturday, September 24th
Smith-Cotton Marching Festival
Our competition is in Sedalia, MO at Smith-Cotton High School. Attached you will find a detailed schedule of events for the day.
- Students need to be at LSWHS by 6:45am to load the bus. As they do for football games, the same under-uniform clothing should be worn.
- Parents are encouraged to make the trip and attend to cheer on the band. Our performance is at 10:34am. Spectator entry is $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for children (5 or younger).
- We will be feeding the kids Breakfast and Lunch.
- IF you need to drive your son/daughter to OR from Sedalia, please send me an email or hand written note with a reason and timing. Students cannot drive themselves or other students.
Have a great weekend, and don’t forget to watch our show tonight AFTER the football game.
Come out and support the drumline tomorrow at LSHS for a 3pm competitive performance!
We have a huge need for volunteers. The Ice Cream Social is Tuesday September 20th. We are nearly 50 volunteers short. Please take some time to volunteer.
There are two volunteer categories listed CHARMS. One is for volunteering your time at the ice cream social and the second is for supplying a dessert. Please login to CHARMS, click on Volunteer, and select the correct category from the drop down menu (Ice Cream Social or Ice Cream Social Dessert Donation).
If you are volunteering to help out at the social, look for a time that suits your needs and fill in your information for that time slot. Your email address and telephone number will not be visible on the list once you click on "Sign up".
Desserts – We need cupcakes, cookies and brownies, etc. Dairy Queen ice cream will be available, but the other desserts are the biggest hit. If you donate desserts, please include a list of all ingredients. We are not allowed to serve anything that does not contain a list of ingredients. Please also include your name and contact information in case we have any questions.
Auction — Various items will be auctioned off throughout the evening. If you or your business would like to donate an auction item please email us. Some of the items already on the list are Chiefs tickets, Chipotle gift cards, a LSW Music merchandise basket, and a Bath & Body Works basket. Decorative cakes are even a great auction item.
Food service will begin at 5pm with performances starting at 6pm. Food service will stop when we are out of food or when the last performance begins, whichever comes first. Auction items will begin at 6pm as well.
Snare drums, 4:30 start
Tenors and Basses, 5:30 start
All others, 6:25 start
Thursday, 9/15 (Homecoming Parade Day)
Students need to wear khaki shorts and their SHOW SHIRT (receive on Tuesday) to school for the parade.
Students will be released from class during 7th hour as we will ride the bus to downtown LS for the parade.
Parade begins at 3:30pm and will head north from the Baptist Church downtown and then head back down Douglas to end.
After the parade, we will feed the kids dinner at the church gymnasium while waiting for the buses to transport us back to LSW for rehearsal.
We SHOULD begin rehearsal by 5pm. This means we will be finished with rehearsal at 7pm. The drumline will hold an additional one hour rehearsal from 7pm to 8pm to prepare for Saturday’s competition.
ICE CREAM SOCIAL TICKET SALE MONEY DUE TO BE TURNED IN AT SCHOOL TODAY!
Call times are the same, 4:45 for battery, 5:45 for all others.
Since this is the Homecoming game, and we will recognize royalty at halftime, we will be performing our show for POSTGAME. This means dismissal will be approximately 30 minutes later than normal for a game.
Drummit at the Summit competition, Battery and Frontline ONLY.
All others are encouraged and welcome to come support and cheer on the drumline as they compete at LSHS at 3:00pm on the football field.
- Ice Cream Social ticket sale money due on Friday
- Competition time for full band on Saturday, Sept 24th will run approximately 6:30am to 3:30pm. More information to follow next week.
- Spirit Cup Fundraiser orders/money due Monday, Sept 19th
- Second installment of Band Fees due on September 15th if you did NOT pay in full during band camp
- Please sign up to volunteer at the Ice Cream Social by going to CHARMS.
Have a great weekend!
Drummit at the Summit.docx
Hello Orchestra Parents and Students:
Tomorrow (Thursday, Sept. 8) We need all males to report to the instrumental room to be sized and pick up their tuxedos between 5:30 and 8:30pm.
We also need parent volunteers to help with this. If you are a parent and you can help with tuxedo sizings please contact Marla Franklin at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I will be announcing this in class today and hopefully we will all look better by the end of tomorrow evening!
Dear LS West Music Families:
This year is a trip year as most of you know and we will be traveling to Chicago! To help offset the cost of the trip we will be offering “Spirit Cups” as fundraiser to the students and their families. We are thrilled to be using the power of the NFL, MLB, NHL,U.S. Military and your favorite collegiate teams to help us raise funds. These 3-D animated cups are BPA free and dish washer safe and pack a real WOW FACTOR! The profits from this fundraiser will go into the student’s individual accounts. There are many other cost associated with our music program that can be paid for from the student’s individual accounts as well as trip cost. (The profit margin on this fundraiser is 40% from the brochure and 35% from online sales.)
The ROYALS WORLD SERIES CHAMPION TRAVEL CUPS are now in and available for a
limited time only. They are available only in a two pack for $20.00.
* Our music program has received a FREE online account but individual participants must sign up at www.SpiritCupsDirect.com/login
* Under “Participant Sign Up” search for your organization( LEE”S SUMMIT MUSIC BOOSTER), create/enter a username, email and password, and click “Sign Up.”
* You will be directed to a Participant Admin Page where you can fill out other information and will be given a unique sales link. This is what you will send to friends and family around the country through email and social media to help you generate more sales!
Sale Starts TODAY!
Talk to neighbors, friends, relatives, facebook friends and co-workers
Sale Ends Monday, September 19th
Money & order forms are due. Please fill out the top of the order form.
** Make checks payable to LS West Music Parents.
Student will be notified when the orders are in. (Mid October)
Pick-up will be in the instrumental (band) room. (Room 1060)
Please contact Andrea Kaiser at lswmusicfundraising at gmail for any questions.
*All students selling 5 items will be entered into a drawing for a BEAUTIFUL ROYALS WORLD
SERIES REPLICA RING! (Pictured above)
*Students selling 10 items will receive a ROYALS TRAVEL CUP! ($12 VALUE)
*Students selling 20 items will receive a Chiefs 4 piece set of SPIRIT CUPS! ($20 VALUE)
* Top seller will receive ONE SPIRIT CUP FROM ALL 32 NFL TEAMS!
THANK YOU MUSIC PARENTS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Ice Cream Social – This is a required performance that will be held September 20 starting at 6pm.
· Volunteers were at the high school this past Thursday and Friday handing out a packet that includes five meal tickets, five dessert tickets and a letter explaining the ice cream social. I’m also attaching the letter to this email.
· If you haven’t received the tickets from your students please ask them. There will also be more tickets available from each of the music teachers should you need additional tickets.
o It’s important that money/checks or unused tickets are turned back in so that we can plan accordingly for food. Checks can be made out to LSWMP. There are envelopes and lockboxes in each music room for turning in tickets/money.
· Support – Volunteers are needed for this event as we serve roughly 2600 combined meals and desserts at this event in just a couple of hours. Any assistance you can give is greatly appreciated. Just like you I want to watch my son/daughter, I’ll be stepping to the side to watch my son/daughter perform at their time while I’m volunteering. Please see the end of this email for signing up through CHARMS. Continue reading “LSWMP Ice Cream Social information”
Good morning and I hope this finds you well.
Schedule for next week:
Monday – no school
Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band have playing tests due to be submitted to Schoology this day.
Battery – 5:30
Winds/Frontline – 6:25
Trumpets involved in dance need to be on parking lot at 6:00pm
Battery – 5:30
Winds/Frontline – 6:25
Updates and New Information
- We need some parents to assist with tuxedo fittings for our boys. If you are available to help Tuesday, 9/6 and Thursday, 9/8 from 5:30-8:30pm, please contact Marla Franklin at mfranklin
- All Senior and Junior boys need to come for tuxedo fittings at 5:30 on Tuesday!
Drummit at the Summit – Saturday, September 17 (battery and frontline only)
- Performance time is at 3:20. Detailed schedule to come out next week. Those needing to leave early for Homecoming Dance on this day will be able to leave around 4pm.
Smith Cotton Festival – Saturday, September 24 (full band)
- Tentative schedule is a morning performance time (10ish). Awards in the afternoon. Home before dinner 🙂
Have a great Labor Day weekend!
We are ready to start fitting tuxedos! Here is our schedule:
Band students – Tuesday, September 6th. 5:30-8:30. We will be fitting all upperclassmen first, before we begin Freshmen fittings. Look for an email from Mr. Thurmond with more information.
Orchestra students – Thursday, September 8th. 5:30-8:30. Look for an email from Mr. Mosier with more information.
Tuesday, September 13th will be the makeup day for any student, band or orchestra, who was unable to attend the prior fitting times. Start time at 5:30, but hopefully finished before 8:30.