Please use this form to take care of switching games with members of the other band. If it is not in this form, it is not official.
If you are in need of your MSHSAA physical exam, please sign up HERE.
Physicals will be in the Lecture Hall on Saturday, May 5th from 8am to noon by appointment.
On Tuesday, January 30th, we had a meeting to deliver information and answer questions concerning the Orlando Trip for next school year! Here are the highlights:
- We need everyone to submit this attached registration form Disney 2018 Reg Form AND $50 (checks made payable to LSW Music Parents) no later than Friday, February 9th to reserve your spot on the trip. (This reservation will help determine final trip cost)
- The attached registration form also has sample payment and cancellation plans (finalized forms will come before March 1st)
- The trip is for the Concert Choir, Colorguard, and all members of the Bands and Orchestras.
- The trip will be from Thursday, December 27th through Wednesday, January 2nd.
- We will be taking round trip charter bus transportation from Lee’s Summit to Orlando.
- We are still finalizing the exact trip cost, but are confident we will stay within the initial estimate we announced in December of $1300-$1500.
- Parent chaperones interested in traveling with us will go for the same price, but be sleeping 2 to a room, while the students sleep 4 to a room. Parent chaperones also need to fill out the registration form by February 9th.
- We will spend several days in Disney World AND Universal Studios
- Pending an audition and Disney availability, the Concert Choir will perform in the Candlelight Processional at Epcot and participate in a recording session on the back-lot.
- The Orchestra will perform at Downtown Disney and participate in a recording session on the back-lot.
- The Band will march in the Citrus Bowl Parade (nationally televised) and participate in a recording session on the back-lot.
- All expenses (including all transportation, lodging, all meals, park admittance, etc.) will be covered in the cost of the trip. General spending money for souvenirs, etc. is not included.
- Please direct all questions to Mr. Thurmond at firstname.lastname@example.org
On Saturday, the following students auditioned for a spot in the Kansas City Metro District #3 Honor Bands. The following students were selected, please congratulate them as you see them!
Click on this link:
Please complete this form by Wednesday, Oct 18 and send money to school or bring it to parent/teacher conferences and drop it by.
Also, please read the fine print in the form 🙂
A reminder that these are posted in ALPHABETICAL ORDER. Chair placement will take place in late October/early November.
These placements will be fluid, meaning some members of each group may be asked to switch groups based on performance and continued improvement.
The results of this audition are based completely on the 5-minute audition you had last Wednesday.
We had a tie in the Bari Sax section, so I will need to re-audition those two students.
If you took an audition and your name is not listed here, we are having you stay in your currently assigned ensemble.
Congrats to all!
At long last, our final BUSY week has arrived. Get your motor runnin’, here we go:
Good morning folks as we head into our final two busy weeks! Get ready.
- Tentative schedule for Oct 14 competition is 10am departure from school and 10:30pm arrival back at LSW.
- We most likely will have a home playoff game on Friday, Oct 21, and, if we win, it is likely we will have one on Friday, Oct 28 as well.
- The Band Banquet is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct 24 beginning at 6:30pm. This is a celebratory event intended for students and families. Students’ dinners have already been paid for. An RSVP for for families’ dinners will be included in next Friday’s email.
- All boys have received their tuxedo at this point, please ask them about it if you haven’t seen it. It is entirely possible they have thrown it in the trunk of their car or stuffed it in their band locker.
- All girls have received their concert dress and will need to have it altered for factory cuts and such.