To have a practice room reserved, you MUST use this form. If you do not, please find another location to be during Titan Time.
Happy Friday! As promised, here is my weekly Friday email.
A reminder to all that these rehearsals are required. Excused absences are reserved for illness, family emergencies, and LSW sports conflicts. Feel free to email if you have a question about this.
- Students need to wear marching shoes (handed out next week) and shin/knee high black socks (like dad’s dress socks).
- Students should wear lightweight athletic shorts and the black uniform shirt (rookies will not have this until the second game, so please wear a PLAIN black tee shirt)
- Long hair will need to be pinned up or in a bun (should not be seen under helmet)
- Students should eat dinner BEFORE they come
- Students will receive gloves when they arrive
- There is a fee for entering the game (please be aware) even if it’s just to watch the band
- At halftime, the optimal viewing spot is 50 yardline as high as you can get (this may mean you have to go up there JUST for the halftime performance)
- Cheer as loud as you can, the kids feed off of this
- Come and support and have fun, it becomes quite a community 🙂
- Ice Cream Social tickets will go on sale soon, stay tuned….
- Timing of September 8th (Saturday) rehearsal is TBD now due to the ACT test
- Concert dress and tuxedo fittings will happen soon
- The Homecoming Parade this year is ON-CAMPUS on Friday. Parking lot will close promptly at 4pm (just trying to let you plan ahead)
If you are in need of your MSHSAA physical exam, please sign up HERE.
Physicals will be in the Lecture Hall on Saturday, May 5th from 8am to noon by appointment.
On Tuesday, January 30th, we had a meeting to deliver information and answer questions concerning the Orlando Trip for next school year! Here are the highlights:
- We need everyone to submit this attached registration form Disney 2018 Reg Form AND $50 (checks made payable to LSW Music Parents) no later than Friday, February 9th to reserve your spot on the trip. (This reservation will help determine final trip cost)
- The attached registration form also has sample payment and cancellation plans (finalized forms will come before March 1st)
- The trip is for the Concert Choir, Colorguard, and all members of the Bands and Orchestras.
- The trip will be from Thursday, December 27th through Wednesday, January 2nd.
- We will be taking round trip charter bus transportation from Lee’s Summit to Orlando.
- We are still finalizing the exact trip cost, but are confident we will stay within the initial estimate we announced in December of $1300-$1500.
- Parent chaperones interested in traveling with us will go for the same price, but be sleeping 2 to a room, while the students sleep 4 to a room. Parent chaperones also need to fill out the registration form by February 9th.
- We will spend several days in Disney World AND Universal Studios
- Pending an audition and Disney availability, the Concert Choir will perform in the Candlelight Processional at Epcot and participate in a recording session on the back-lot.
- The Orchestra will perform at Downtown Disney and participate in a recording session on the back-lot.
- The Band will march in the Citrus Bowl Parade (nationally televised) and participate in a recording session on the back-lot.
- All expenses (including all transportation, lodging, all meals, park admittance, etc.) will be covered in the cost of the trip. General spending money for souvenirs, etc. is not included.
- Please direct all questions to Mr. Thurmond at email@example.com
On Saturday, the following students auditioned for a spot in the Kansas City Metro District #3 Honor Bands. The following students were selected, please congratulate them as you see them!
Click on this link: