On Saturday, the following students auditioned for a spot in the Kansas City Metro District #3 Honor Bands. The following students were selected, please congratulate them as you see them!
Click on this link:
Please complete this form by Wednesday, Oct 18 and send money to school or bring it to parent/teacher conferences and drop it by.
Also, please read the fine print in the form 🙂
A reminder that these are posted in ALPHABETICAL ORDER. Chair placement will take place in late October/early November.
These placements will be fluid, meaning some members of each group may be asked to switch groups based on performance and continued improvement.
The results of this audition are based completely on the 5-minute audition you had last Wednesday.
We had a tie in the Bari Sax section, so I will need to re-audition those two students.
If you took an audition and your name is not listed here, we are having you stay in your currently assigned ensemble.
Congrats to all!
At long last, our final BUSY week has arrived. Get your motor runnin’, here we go:
Good morning folks as we head into our final two busy weeks! Get ready.
- Tentative schedule for Oct 14 competition is 10am departure from school and 10:30pm arrival back at LSW.
- We most likely will have a home playoff game on Friday, Oct 21, and, if we win, it is likely we will have one on Friday, Oct 28 as well.
- The Band Banquet is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct 24 beginning at 6:30pm. This is a celebratory event intended for students and families. Students’ dinners have already been paid for. An RSVP for for families’ dinners will be included in next Friday’s email.
- All boys have received their tuxedo at this point, please ask them about it if you haven’t seen it. It is entirely possible they have thrown it in the trunk of their car or stuffed it in their band locker.
- All girls have received their concert dress and will need to have it altered for factory cuts and such.
Click link below to see a copy of the itinerary for our competition this Saturday, September 23rd!
Tuesday, 8/29 – Evening Rehearsal 6:30-8:30pm
Thursday, 8/31 – Evening Rehearsal 6:30-8:30pm
Items of Information
- If you haven’t joined the "Remind" group for band, please text "@lswband17" to the number 81010
- Ice Cream Social tickets will be given to the students at one point next week. Each student is expected to sell 10 tickets. All attendees, including the students themselves, need a ticket to eat dinner and another ticket to eat ice cream. This is our biggest booster club fundraiser of the year.
- For future reference, due to the Ice Cream Social taking away a rehearsal night, we will be lengthening the Sept 14th rehearsal, which will now be 6pm to 9pm.
Good afternoon and I hope this email finds you excited about a weekend of relaxation 🙂
As I said at Back to School Night, you will receive an email like this every Friday for the duration on Marching Season, and then occasionally during Concert Season.
Tuesday, Aug 22
Evening Rehearsal – 6:30 to 8:30pm
Students should be READY to rehearse at 6:30 in TITAN STADIUM, so they may need to arrive a few minutes earlier than normal to accommodate the extra walking.
Thursday, Aug 24
Evening Rehearsal – 6:30 to 8:30pm
Students should be READY to rehearse at 6:30pm on the parking lot. This is our final rehearsal before our first public performance, so come ready to rock!
Friday, Aug 25
Football Game – LSWHS vs Blue Springs HS
Students should arrive in gym shorts, uniform shirt (which they will get prior to Friday), black socks, and black marching shoes (which they will get prior to Friday). Students will not be able to eat dinner in uniform, so make sure they have had something to eat prior to arrival.
4:45pm Call Time for all members of the battery
5:30pm Call Time for all other band members
6:45pm Band performs in Pre-Game festivities
7:00pm Game begins
7:50ish Band performs at halftime
9:15ish End of Game
Students should be ready to leave about 9:30 or 9:45pm
Have a great weekend!
Clifton D. Thurmond