Greetings on this fine Spring Break eve!
A couple of reminders and bits of information before heading into some time off:
- One more week of morning rehearsals, Symphonic Band (Tuesday, 3/29), Freshman Band (Thursday, 3/31), and Concert Band (Friday, 4/1)
- On the day we come back from break, we have a concert. Tuesday, March 29th is our Pre-Contest Concert, designed for parents to enjoy our contest preparations since our performances the following week are in the middle of the day. The concert starts at 7pm. In addition to the concert, we will have a brief kick-off meeting to our annual mattress sale fundraiser.
- Some students are participating in Lee’s Summit Festival on Thursday, March 31st. I have not received the schedule for this yet, but will email it out as soon as I do.
- Contest Performance times are as follows:
Freshman Band, Wednesday, April 6th at 3pm
Concert Band, Wednesday, April 6th at 3:25pm
Symphony Orchestra, Thursday, April 7th at 1:15pm
Symphonic Band, Friday, April 8th at 3pm
- Drumline auditions for 2016 are as follows:
Snare and Tenors, Monday, April 18th
Mallet Instruments, Monday, April 25th
Bass Drum, Monday, May 2nd
- If your son/daughter is pursuing band again next year, I sent the fall marching schedule in a separate email this morning, please look for that.
- YOUR APRIL PAYMENT OF $75 FOR THE CHICAGO TRIP IS DUE FRIDAY, APRIL 1st
Have a GREAT spring break.