I hope that everyone had a great holiday and start to the new year. It’s been a quiet time for a couple months but things are about to pick up. In the next few months we’ll be needing volunteers for many different contests that we’ll be hosting at LSW. News and notes below:
District Contests: We need lots of volunteers to help each day be successful. In the past we’ve had around 6500 total students perform at our high school for the entire contest. That doesn’t include the roughly 200+ volunteer positions in addition to family and friends that go through the school as well. Each volunteer shift will receive a portion of the concessions sales we receive during the district contest.
– March 10 & 11 – This is when solos and small ensembles will be for both choir and instrumental. We hold these at LSWHS and will need many parent volunteers to help run this.
– March 31 & April 1 – These are when we’ll host part of the large ensembles for band and all of choir.
– April 5 & 6 – These are for the rest of the band large ensembles and also all of orchestra.
– Volunteer positions will likely be posted on charms within a couple of weeks, they are first come first serve.
Taste of Lee’s Summit: This is an opportunity we have to help Lee’s Summit Educational Foundation with support of the school district. We need 10 volunteers that are willing to help for the evening on March 4th.
Music Parent Officers: We’re in need of parents willing to step up and donate some of their time to help the music parent boosters fill officer positions. A couple of the positions open for sure next year are: Treasurer and Merchandising. There are some officers in their senior year next year that it would be good to have someone to shadow them preparing to take over: Secretary and Band Uniforms.
– With that said if you’re interested in any of our positions please let me know.
– Without the support of parents stepping up to help run the boosters we won’t be able to offer our music program the support they need.
– January 25-28 – MMEA
– January 31 – LSWMP Meeting (more updates to come after this meeting)