Well, the Titans did it again. 42-14 was the final tonight over the Kearney Bulldogs. We are headed to STATE! Our last performance of the season will be in the Edward Jones Dome on Saturday, November 30th at 5:30pm.
This brings with it plenty of challenges, given we only have two days of school remaining before break. Please read the following carefully, so our trip logistics can run smoothly.
- IF, for any reason, your son/daughter will be traveling one direction without the band (meaning they will not be on the bus), we NEED written verification of this.
- IF they are riding to OR from with someone other than their own parents, they MUST fill out the approved travel release form that I will provide them MONDAY during class. This MUST be signed and returned NO LATER THAN Tuesday, November 26th at NOON!
- IF they are riding to OR from with a parent, a hand-written note or email will suffice.
- We will TRY to go outside to rehearse on MONDAY or TUESDAY during school. Please tell your son/daughter to come prepared to go outside in the cold those days.
- I have a lot of things to iron out before I can give you an itinerary, but we plan to leave mid-morning and return LATE (as in after midnight).
Lastly, I wish you all a blessed Thanksgiving! Have a relaxing time with your families. And don’t forget to put EVERYTHING on your Thursday dinner table between two pieces of bread on Friday! (That is my favorite part)
Clifton D. Thurmond
Director of Bands, Lee’s Summit West High School