Are you ready for Saturday? I’m trying to be, but there’s still a lot to do. Wish me luck!
1. Here is the itinerary for Saturday:
(See attached file: State-Championship1.doc)
2. We anticipate being back in LS by 1am, however, there is no way to be certain of that, so here is the plan
- Once we leave St. Louis, we will stop somewhere outside the city for a QUICK bite to eat. They will need cash for this.
- Once we leave this eating establishment, I will have them text you to give you a better idea of our ETA.
- Once we drive through Odessa (about 25 minutes from LSW), I will have them text you again and tell you to go ahead and leave the house so that your are waiting for us once we arrive
- We will NOT be unloading equipment at this time, so please be on time so your child can exit the bus and enter your car to go home. At 1am, no one will want to be waiting around for a ride, including me.
3. IF YOUR CHILD IS NOT RIDING THE BUS TO ST LOUIS WITH US, here is your plan:
- We will be eating, at Golden Corral (I think) in St. Charles, MO
- Address is 1850 ZUMBEHL ROAD, (636)947-0999
- To get your child with the band, you have two options: 1. bring them to Golden Corral (2:30pm) and let them ride to the game with the bus OR 2. meet us at the Cole St entrance to the dome. (4pm)
- Ask your student if they remembered to bring their instrument home this weekend. If not, they are responsible for taking care of someone else getting their instrument loaded Saturday morning.
4. IF YOU ARE PICKING UP YOUR CHILD AFTER THE GAME TO RIDE HOME WITH YOU, here is the plan
- After the game is over, you will need find our buses/trailers outside the Cole St entrance to the dome
- I MUST see you with your child in hand. Please do not leave without checking out with MR. THURMOND himself. I will be nearest the trailers.
5. Tickets to the game are $11. You can buy them at the ticket window when you arrive at the dome. OR until 3:30pm today in the front office of the school.
I HOPE I covered everything, but don’t hesitate to ask if I didn’t cover something you’re thinking about.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving! See you Saturday!
Clifton D. Thurmond
Director of Bands, Lee’s Summit West High School