Points of update for this month!
- Summer school registration – for many, it is crucial to take summer school to free up space in their schedule for additional classes. Registration recently opened this week. Please register now. Take PE, or Personal Finance, or Health, etc……
- Physicals for next year – all marching band members for 2014 need a current physical exam on file that was given AFTER February 1st. You can start this process now, but it NEEDS to be done before your child’s first day of band this summer. There are physical exams being given at the school district NEXT Saturday. Please contact Monte Seabaugh or Debbie Katzfey for more information.
- Basketball Game performance – a reminder that students need to be at school on Tuesday night for our performance at the LSW basketball game. Our call time is 6:30pm. Students should be wearing blue jeans and Titan Pride apparel on top. We should be finished about 8:30pm, maybe earlier, but students will text parents in the 4th quarter.
- PIZZA NIGHT – On Monday night, Sarpino’s Pizza in Lee’s Summit is giving us 10% of the proceeds for delivery or carryout orders from 4pm to 9pm. Please eat your dinner there Monday night. Here is a flyer for you to hand out to your neighbors as well.
- Solo/Small Ensemble Contest – Students are currently being registered for one of two contests to perform their solo or small ensemble performance that is required for our class. Some students will be registered for District Solo/Ensemble Contest on March 22nd (students who earn a 1 rating here will move on to State Contest on May 2nd). Some students will be registered for Lee’s Summit Contest on April 8th, which satisfies the class and letter requirement, but does not make them eligible for State. Students are fully aware how/why these decisions are made
- Washington DC Trip 2015 – We ARE going on the trip next March. Students who are already registered for the trip need to stay current on their payments (there was a $100 payment due on February 15th and another $100 payment due on March 15th). Attached is a registration form which, if you have not already done so, must be filled out and either turned into the directors by Monday, or mailed into the company right away. Students who have not signed up to go on the trip yet, but are still interested, please contact me for more information about how we can make this happen: Individual Registration Form – Lee’s Summit
- Percussionists continuing in band next year – Attached you will find the information/dates for this year’s audition clinics and audition date. They begin NEXT Wednesday. Drumline Clinic Schedule.docx
Have a great weekend!