What a day yesterday! Man, was I exhausted. Hope your kiddos were able to endure the long day and accomplish all of their other things in life. THANK YOU for being flexible and making it happen.
Call time is 4:15pm for ALL members of the marching band. I realize some will be coming from other school activities, and I have worked that out with several of the sponsors, so no worries. Uniform shirts, black socks, marching shoes for tonight. Reminder: we will perform AFTER the game 🙂
Tuesday and Thursday rehearsals as scheduled. 6:30pm -8:30pm in section tee shirts
Friday night football game vs LSHS. Big Game!!!!
Call time will be 5pm for battery and 5:45pm for all others
Updates/Future Reminders/New Items
- Band button pictures were sent home from rehearsal last night! They are for parents/family members to wear to games and competitions in support of your son/daughter. If you didn’t get what you thought you ordered, please contact me directly.
- All-District Band Auditions (required for lettering in band): There will be a mandatory informational meeting on Tuesday morning, 9/22 at 7:10am for all students interested in auditioning for the KC Metro District #3 All-District Band. Please make sure students are there on time for the meeting.
- Pep Band lists and schedules have been posted on the band room door. Each student (all wind players, Kevin McMilian, and Justin McKinney) has been assigned to one of the two pep bands (Titan Band OR Pride Band). I have attached the same document to this email so you can get them on your family calendar for January and February. Each band will attend 5 scheduled basketball games. The kids have been told about conflicts and how to solve them.
- Percussion Ensemble – This ensemble will meet during 1st hour beginning in January and will also have additional rehearsals outside of class (TBD). All percussionists in first hour will be a part of this ensemble to perform at State Large Ensemble Contest in April. This will satisfy the same requirement that all wind players will satisfy by being in the pep band.
- New Addition to the Schedule – I always hate add things to an already busy schedule, but this is a great opportunity for our kids and program. On Friday, October 23 (non-school day), we will join the other two marching bands for a "fake parade" with the intent of recording it and submitting it as an audition for the Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena, CA in 2017/18. This rehearsal/recording session will take place from 3pm to 5pm. It is POSSIBLE that we will have a home playoff game that evening as well. Please add this to your family calendar.
- If you didn’t already see my CHARMS email, we are in need of volunteers next Wednesday and Thursday during the day to help fit our boys in tuxedos. If you are available between 7:15am and 1:30pm (or a part of that), please contact Carol Mosier at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you! Have a great weekend!