District Solo/Small Ensemble Festival was a great success! Thanks to the wonderful parents that volunteered their time to support the incredibly talented kids in the LSW music department. We had 85 parent volunteers that together volunteered over 400 hours. I know that the staff and kids appreciated our support.
We still need volunteers for the State Large Ensemble Festival. Dates are:
· Wed, Mar. 26th from 2:30pm to 9:30pm
· Thurs, Mar. 27th from 12:30pm to 10:00pm
· Fri, Mar. 28th from 2:30pm to 9:00pm
· Sat, Mar. 29th from 7:30am to 7:30pm
Volunteering during the Large Ensemble portion of contest will give you the opportunity to listen to some fantastic groups. Here is a brief description of the volunteer positions:
· Door Monitor: Ensure doors remain closed during performances and assist with crowd flow between performances
· Director Check In: Collect music and stage setup from directors and answer general questions
· Group Escort: Escorts groups from gymnasium to warm-up room
· Sight Reading: Hand music out to students and collect music after performance
· Stage Manager: Manage students in preparing stage for each performing group
There are also more opportunities for students to volunteer during the Large Ensemble portion of contest. Student sign-up sheets are posted outside the choir room.
Please go to Charms to volunteer for a shift. If you have any problems with Charms, please contact me.
Letħ really show our support for the music program and show up with an army of volunteers. The more volunteers that we have, the more fun we will have!